WHAT I KNOW NOW: Things I'd like to tell my younger self

 

Of all the things I learned over the years, I was reminded of the fact that if I could travel back in time I would advise:

My 17-year-old self:

Worry less or in fact, don’t worry at all - Everything happens for a reason, (Remember faith without deed is dead. Do your best and let God do the rest). Things happen for your good in line with your destiny. It might take a year, it might take a day, but what's meant for you will always find its way.

My 21-year-old self:

Absorb more and explore - What you study in school gives you more than just base skills in one area - you don’t have to be narrow and work only as a Doctor because you studied Science. You possess cross-functional skills.

The 24-year-old me:

Embrace Yourself, that’s all that matters - Success and failure are not mutually exclusive. As you grow and succeed you will also learn a lot.

My 25-year- old self:

Face rejections don’t escape – Don’t dwell on rejection. It’s redirection and for your protection.

To 26-year-old me:

By sharing your light, you will never dim yours – but ensure to never dim your light or play small to make others feel comfortable.

The 28-year-old me:

Give yourself some grace - you don’t always have to have a plan or have things figured out - refer to advise for my 17-year-old self.

The 29-year-old me:

It is truly too LATE to say SORRY? Stop being so apologetic - Especially, stop apologizing for things you had no hand in. Stop apologizing for other’s shortcomings - that’s one of the quickest ways to become a scapegoat. (Always apologize where you were wrong.)

The 30-yer-old me:

  • It’s going to A-o, A-okay - Not everyone will like you and that’s okay - you weren’t brought here to please everyone.
  • Empathize always - Listen more than you speak.
  • Revel now - stop trying so hard to think about “what’s next” that you don’t enjoy the moments in all aspects of life. (Just don’t slip into complacency.)

Bonus: save your breath/reclaim your time, decide what's important, and let go of what isn't.

Learn to sit back and observe not everything needs a reaction


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Bloom where you are planted’

Practicing the PAUSE